Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to not use Insteon for Hub with complex configurations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to not use Insteon for Hub with complex configurations?

Moderator TFitzpatri8 mentioned in the "Hub Pro and Apple Watch under OS3 - Watch shows greyed out devices through HomeKit" thread that it isn't necessary to touch the Insteon for Hub app. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I'd be happy to get rid of that app and redo the entire system, but I need the app to set up some of my devices in certain ways. For example,

- I have 3 switches controlling one light. 2 of those switches are wired in the wall for 3-way, but the third isn't actually on the same circuit. I set them up in Insteon for Hub so that 2 of the switches (I didn't wire them as 3-way to make it easier on myself) control the one switch that's wired to the light.

- I have 3 switches wired to one light each, but they're outdoor lights that I want to all come on at the same time. So I used Insteon for Hub to make them all control each other, so that no matter which switch you hit, it turns on all 3 lights.

- I have multiple Keypad Dimmer switches around the house. There's no way to program or control those from Insteon+ that I have been able to find, and those aren't listed in the compatible list for the Hub Pro.

- I have the Garage Door module. I haven't been able to get that to work yet, but I see no way to set up or control that from Insteon+ that I have been able to find, and those aren't listed in the compatible list for the Hub Pro.

- I have Keypads set up to control FanLinc modules all over the house. 7 total actually. I see no way to set up Keypads to control FanLincs from Insteon+ that I have been able to find, and the KeyPads aren't listed in the compatible list for the Hub Pro. Well they are listed to control directly attached lights, but not the scene buttons.

Are there actually ways to set all those up in Insteon+ the way I have them set up now in Insteon for Hub? It is a shame to need to set up
    ISY994izw + Raspberry Pi running Homebridge
    iOS devices
    Approx. 60 Insteon devices

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.
    ISY994izw + Raspberry Pi running Homebridge
    iOS devices
    Approx. 60 Insteon devices

Comment

Working...
    X