No announcement yet.

iOS 10 Incorrect and or "No Response" Status in Home App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha2020 I have 40-50 devices so to get down to about 10 devices would mean getting rid of most all the switches and outlets which spent several thousands on last year. Been hoping Insteon will issue a software fix, but after another year I like most will most likely need to finally cut our massive losses and move on to another company as you have done. At that point where we will have spent several thousand on new devices at new company certainly wouldn't ever have a reason to return to Insteon even if they ever do release a firmware fix. Looking at Twitter they have tweets that its coming soon (from a couple years ago, and every few months say the same). I see a tweet saying will be delayed to second week of May but never came it appears.

Leviton looks hopeful, however they don't offer built in wall outlets yet. And more importantly they don't have 6/8 scene switches yet and they don't have a homekit connected switch yet for dealing with connected lights like Hue and Lifx.

Hopefully in another year or two, there will be some solid options to choose from.

Comment

I am following this thread, and was hoping that this would be resolved with iOS11. Apparently not. Now I am regretting going "all in" after a successful Insteon trial run. Any word on if they've totally dropped supporting iOS since it has been years since a real update? I've been holding off ripping them all out and returning them because it would be a pain but now I'm afraid they won't take them back because they are beyond the return date even though the issue has existed from the start.

Comment

• cchiera
        cchiera commented
        Editing a comment
        I gave up a long time ago on Insteon since after years they made it clear they had 0 interest in resolving the issues. From a quick google search it sounds like they eventually admitted that to an extent by discontinuing the hub that supports HomeKit. While they have solid hardware (excluding the hub), I imagine most will avoid the company like the plague after being burnt so bad and eventually they will go under or another company will buy them just for the hardware. Very unfortunate that a company that got so much right hardware wise (unlike everyone else), got everything else so wrong.
    Working...
    X