Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hub Pro and Apple Watch under OS3 - Watch shows greyed out devices through HomeKit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on the phone with tech support from Smarthome yesterday. This issue has still been giving me problems, even with the latest IOS updates. Smarthome tech support said they are expecting a Hub Pro firmware update within the next month. I'll believe it when I see it. The Insteon+ app is really buggy - I lose names that i assigned to devices or the radar screen spins forever and then times out but when I go into the App, the device was added. I wish Apple was making more progress with HomeKit and Insteon was drafting off of their progress but this entire 'promise' of home automation feels like a pipe dream.

Given the instability, you'd have to be a real risk taker to trust Apple home kit or Insteon through HomeKit with any home security items. Just not ready for prime time. I've had Insteon devices with Indigo running for year and had no issues at all. Wish HomeKit was that reliable.

Comment

Thanks, for the update neilc! I can only hope it is true that the new firmware update is coming soon. Months pass and nothing seems to happen. I am almost giving up, In the mean time, other technologies seem to be working so much better (e.g. doorbird, amazon echo, nest, harmony, etc). I am having much better experience with all these and even integration works very well in many cases.

Comment

Please see latest posts in this discussion: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...s-in-home-app/

This fix seems to fix the Apple Watch issues as well as other issues interacting with the iOS Home app.

Comment

Working...
        X