Hub 2245-222 not connecting to insteon switch devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub 2245-222 not connecting to insteon switch devices

My configuration has been running fine since November 2016 when I installed this new hub. I have 7 devices. All are wired in switch modules. About 3 weeks ago when I started the Insteon app on my iPhone, all the devices displayed the rotating circle, never get to the status indicator of white or green. It cleared up for a day then back to the failure mode. When I push the test button, I get 7 single beeps. I'm in contact with Insteon support and he verified my hub seems to be okay. He had me delete 2 devices but then I couldn't add them back. The case number has been elevated. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems?. I suspect some kind of problem with the Insteon servers. So right now I can no longer control any of my lights except at the individual switches.
    BTW, when I go to connect.insteon.com and login, I see my devices with the rotating circles.

It’s now 1900 2018-04-01 and the app is working, all devices can be controlled.

Comment

Thanks TFitzpatri8, I'll check that out. My system was working overnight but went to failure at 0700 this morning. I called support this morning and he told me they made changes to the server last night. I'm supposed to get a call back tomorrow. My case # is still open.

Comment

So Insteon pushed a firmware update (1015) yesterday. I verified my hub received the update and is now functioning properly.
        "
        "The next Insteon Hub update is ready to make its way to you. Updates will be getting rolled out this week starting tonight, Tuesday 4/3.

This version of the Insteon Hub firmware fixes an issue where, for some users, the Hub goes offline momentarily (Hub beeps and its front LED turns red). In addition, this update improves the overall stability of the Hub. This information as well as previous updates can be found on the release notes page."

Comment

Here's an update covering the events of the last 3 months. The system went back to failure mode within 48 hours of receiving update 1015.

So Insteon replaced (under warantee) my hub with an updated 2245-222. I installed and added my devices and all was fine for 24 hours but then it went into the same failure mode where the hub was not seeing any of the devices. Worked with tech support for several sessions with no resolution. The case was moved to the next level of support and this was ultimately successful.
          We concluded that there was some kind of interference in the wall plug the hub was plugged into. I ran a power cord across the house to power the hub. It installed properly and I was able to reinstall all of my devices and they all function normally. Along the way the hub received firmware update 1016. Luckily I have an access point router on that side of the house, so I plugged the hub into that and it still functions fine. Also the plugs in that room are on a different circuit breaker which may also help.
          There was a UPS system on the original circuit which I removed but it made no difference. I'll just have to check every device on that circuit to see if i can isolate the problem. but for now, all seems to be running fine.
          I do want to give credit to Charlie at Insteon Support. We worked for almost 3 hours today to isolate and fix the system. I wish I could go back to my previous employer and borrow a spectrum analyser to see whats up on my power lines.

Comment

Try rebooting the switch devices and your Insteon hub. For a short while, disconnect the power supply, then re-connect it
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-21-2023, 12:35 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

The Insteon Hub gives you control over a huge family of connected devices, all from your smartphone and tablet.
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-11-2023, 02:05 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
              X