No announcement yet.

Major problem with app and upnp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Netgear router gives you the option to turn UPnP off.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by justsomedude View Post
      It's the phone itself opening upnp ports. I can do a fresh install of the Insteon app on any Android phone, log in, and it starts opening upnp ports. The phone is opening ports, the Insteon app is telling it to for some reason. This has been with multiple Android phone, and multiple WiFi routers. The only thing I haven't tested with is a different Hub...
      That's why I say factory reset the hub since that is connected to your router

Comment

I'll give it a try lilyoyo, will that require me to recreate each Insteon device, or will that backup to my Insteon account?

Comment

Unfortunately you'll have to recreate the whole thing. Your scenes will still work in the devices in the meantime however. You just wouldn't have app control until they were set up again. Screen shot your scenes that way you rebuild it exactly the same.

Comment

Caution: If your new and old scenes are not identical, then you can expect the unexpected. That's because, as lilyoyo1 indicated, your old scene will remain intact. I've often found that I can improve the second time around, so it's really best to factory reset each and every device-unless you are absolutely sure that the old and new scenes are identical which will probably be the case for many scenes.

Don't neglect scene shots as suggested by lilyoyo1. Then you can make changes as you go along. Enjoy the next few special weeks
            Last edited by stusviews; 12-15-2017, 05:42 PM.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
            X