Nook tablet supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nook tablet supported?

Does the Insteon app for Android support the $50 tablet by Nook? It does support Google Play store. I don't know which version of Android this tablet has installed.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/noo...=9780594775201
    Last edited by krausyao; 02-28-2018, 01:56 PM.

Do you have a Hub or are you trying to make a decision?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I don't currently have a Hub. I will likely be purchasing an Insteon hub in the next few weeks. I have an iPhone 6. My question is more about purchasing the Nook tablet.

i currently use a PowerBook 1400 with XTension to control about 40 X10 devices. I had read that the Android version of the Insteon app had better X10 support than the iOS version.

Comment

Only the 2242 Hub, no longer available in the US, supports X10.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The Nook tablet has Android version 6 and the Insteon app in the Google Play store does work to control my X-10 devices using the Hub model 2242-222

Comment

Working...
          X