Insteon Android App doesn't launch after latest Android update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Android App doesn't launch after latest Android update

After the latest Android update, the Insteon App for Android has quit working. I have contacted Insteon Support multiple times and have not had a resolution yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

I feel that Insteon has left the Android community in the dust and have not addressed this problem publicly or directly with their customers.

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM

Insteon, if you're listening, your Android users are feeling that your product support team isn't living up to the product.

Please help us here! I've got around $1000 in hub, switches and sensors installed in my house and I can no longer receive test alerts or control anything outside of my very reliable ISY that I had also purchsed.

I also see that Insteon support community has also deleted my post about when they turned off the texting feature. If that was still running, I would at least get those text messages but now, without that and not the app stopped working, there is no way that this product is useful any longer!!!

Again, a unhappy customer...

EddieRock

The Android app is a second class citizen in the Insteon world. I have been asking for device management compatibility with the iOS app for some time now. Several devices that are supported on iOS are not on the other platforms (a fact that amazes this SW engineer...why isn't there a common code library for device support?!!)

All this is especially amazing given Android's dominance of the global mobile device market, and owning greater than 65% of the US market. http://www.bandwidthblog.com/2015/10...-market-share/

I would like to buy several more devices before the holiday's. But until they are supported on Android, I won't bother.

Having said all this, and ignoring the functional issues, the latest app (and prior one) work fine for me.
    Last edited by eagle77; 11-05-2015, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Yep I have this problem as well. Its really frustrating. I contacted customer support and sent back the phone info the tech asked me to provide but have not received any response since.
      Oneplus One A0001 (Rooted) Android 7.1.1
      Lineage OS Version 14.1-201303320-NIGHTLY-bacon
      D-Link 820L
      Hub 2245-222
      31:2D:BB
      18 Insteon Devices (2477D + hidden door switches + 2245-222)

Comment

The app crashes at startup on my OnePlus One as well, it's running Android 5 / Lollipop.

My other phone is a Lumia 950 (Windows Phone 10) and the Windows version of the app also crashes at startup. So it's not just an Android problem, it's an Insteon problem.

Comment

Hi, has anyone figured out a fix to this problem?

It has been a while. I sent tech support the info they asked for a while back and even resent the same info again last week when I inquired if there had been any progress and they have not gotten back to me since.

I also tried using my old nexus 4 to connect to the hub but it won't connect. The app opens up but it won't connect to the hub even though they are on the same network. It just bumps me back to the create an account or login page.
          Last edited by brianb; 01-05-2016, 12:14 AM.
          D-Link 820L
          Hub 2245-222

Comment

Seems like the developers fixed the issues with the app. I got a message in response to my low Google Play rating and replied back with my phone info last Monday. I tried the app on Friday and it seems to be working fine now. It seems slower than before getting the status of each device but after months of not being able to use the app I am happy that it is up and running now.
            D-Link 820L
            Hub 2245-222

Comment

Working...
            X