Daylight Savings Time bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings Time bug?

The Insteon Hub started all my timed events an hour early beginning on Sunday, Mar 6. DST does not start until March 13. Clickin the USE DST control OFF in the app put me on the right schedule. Is the hub supposed to automatically know the right date to enable and disable DST? Apparently it does it automatically, because the time was correct until Sunday. However, it changed on the wrong date.

I have a Hub2 version 1009, and the App says there is no Hub update available.

I found the solution, thanks to an old posting on the Smarthome forum. Even though I had set my location previously, somehow it had been forgotten. Using the app controls to Find My Location, it did find me exactly, and in doing so, the time of day is now correct, and the Observe DST control was automatically turned back on. Oddly, turning that control back off does not change the time, and I know it did earlier when I used it to correct the time error.

Comment

Thank you for the post granitedon . If you simply re-enter your location, that should refresh the connection with the servers and fix the issue.

Comment

The feature still doesn't work on any Windows device. Now I can not get the location to appear.. For over a year we have been waiting for a fix for this. No Windows 10 Mobile app STILL...
        INSTEON Hub II, Amazon Echo, Production
        Lumia 950 Windows 10 Mobile
        ​INSTEON APP doesn't work on Win 10 Mobile
        Netgear Router
        14 Devices

Comment

This issue goes back 2 or 3 years at this point. Not sure why they haven't fixed it.

Comment

hmm, I noticed the same problem with my Hub2. Am using a droid for my control. Reset location and had the DST on, and it keep setting the time an hour later than it really is. Guess I can just leave it alone for a few more days?

I also have another issue where I have a scene that turns lights in in the morning for an hour and then turns them off. I have this on a fixed time (not a Daylight or Sunset event). No problem with the timing of the event, just what days it happens on. I have is set for Monday through Friday and it skips Monday and adds on Saturday. Work around was to add Sunday to the event day list. Any ideas what I may have going on with this scene?

Thanks,
            Neal

Comment

My time is a mess. The actual time right now is 1850, "Hub Time" is reporting 0250. I click on "Location" and the app (Android) crashes. I have selected and deselected "Observe DST" in hopes it would correct the time, but it merely knocks an hour off of the huge offset. Hub II version 1009.

Comment

"Simply re-enter your location...."

Apparently the first step in that simple process is to buy an iPad because the feature is totally busted in the Windows app.

Comment

Working...
                X