Synchrolinc misfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchrolinc misfires

Many months ago I set up a synchrolinc to notify me when my washing machine had finished. It worked well until recently. On Monday past, in a 12 hour period I counted fifty (50) signals from the device. Today in 6 hours I had 5 signals from the device.

My service entrance panel includes a surge suppression device, therefore this is particularly confusing. If there were any heavy industry near by I would suspect some sort of inductive interference but I live in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia with severe zoning restrictions.

Unplug the washing machine. Do you still get notifications?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I unplugged the Washing machine on Friday evening. Since then I have had one misfire on Saturday, around 5 P.M.

Still scratching my head.

Comment

I unplugged the Washing machine on Friday evening. Since then I have had one misfire on Saturday, around 5 P.M.

Still scratching my head.

Comment

What are you using to set the SynchroLinc threshold?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I have had another misfire yesterday (Wednesday), again around 5 P.M.
            ​I am using an UDI ISY and have the parameters set at:
            ​ Trigger: 4 watts
            ​ Hold off 17.085 sec.
            ​Hysteresis 2 watts

Comment

The best place for ISY support is the manufacturer's forum: http://forum.universal-devices.com/

Comment

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.
                mypascoconnect
                Last edited by Ella69; 08-07-2022, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more.
                  krogerfeed

Comment

Working...
                  X