MorningLinc to door lock communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MorningLinc to door lock communication

I am having some issues with MorningLinc. I set up the device to communicate with the door lock, which works perfect with an extension cord as long as I am holding MorningLinc close to the lock. I then plugged MorningLinc into a wall outlet 10ft away from the door lock (it says you can do up to 30ft) and set up the device to connect to the HUB. I tried to use the "other device" option on the windows phone app, and could not get that to connect, I then tried the other devices in the list until I found one that worked. Connecting the device as a "wired-in switch" worked perfect for around 2 days. Then it stopped working all together.

Today, I unlinked the device from the hub, and factory reset it. I then re-followed the previous steps used exactly. However, MorningLinc can now only unlock the door, and ONLY when the door is manually locked before. I tried unplugging morninglinc, and holding it close to the lock and then using the commands, and that seems to work intermittently both locking and unlocking the door, but I can't get it to lock the door from my phone, or from the windows 8 app.

I am at a complete loss, and seeing as I paid 180 to be able to lock and unlock my front door from work, I am also inconvenienced.

Any help?

I have found that using the windows app to do anything with insteon is problematic. Try it with another device. That worked for me for some problems in setting up items.

Comment

Working...
    X