Devices turn on or off unexpectedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices turn on or off unexpectedly

Every now and then, devices turn on or off unexpectedly. It's done it for four years now (since installed). I use Universal Devices ISY for control. These spurious events happened with my original ISY99i/IR Pro and now with the 994i/IR Pro. It did it with the 2412S PLM. I recently changed the PLM with a new 2413S due to unrelated failures with the 2412S. Last night, the OutletLinc controlling my projector, the IO/Linc controlling my garage door and two ApplianceLincs all turned off simultaneously (in the case of the garage it had to toggle in order to operate the door). The ISY log never shows any corresponding commands. Another interesting observation is that this seems to only happen between the hours of midnight and 5AM.

I'm posting this to the PLM group because I'm thinking that since the ISY log shows no commands but the devices are operating simultaneously that the issue has got to be either a bug in the ISY or a bug in the PLM. I've posted this message on the Universal Devices forum as well.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on and how to resolve it?

Thank you

Have you ever assigned an X10 house/unit code to any Insteon devices?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X