No one Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one Here?

I have just purchased an ISY-99i. I got it since my Hub II was not doing the job. I like it, but it seems to have it's own set of unreliability problems. Is the 994i so much better?

The ISY99i is discontinued. For a fairly long time now.
    Due to firmware storage limitations. 3.3.10 is the last firmware available.
    It will not support any Insteon Modules recently released or benefit from the improvements in the later firmware released.

When version 5 is released all kinds of new features will be available.

If you have not joined the UDI forums yet. Great place with extremely knowledgeable users.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php
    Last edited by BLH; 08-12-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I am on there too. but since I got an ISY99i pro for $40, I thought I could cut my teeth on it. It has helped me with many things. And I have snap switch running on windows phone, which is a fast and easy interface that allows me to control some items. Perhaps if this works out, I will invest in the 994i, I was hoping to not have to.

Comment

I have the 994i and I certainly like it, though I find the interface bulky and dated. The Android app which is toted by everyone as the "best" suffers from the same issues.

Comment

One of the most sophisticated Insteon controllers available, the ISY994i has enough capabilities to please even the most experienced DIYer or seasoned family. color tunnel
          The only new features it has over ISY99i that I can think of are upgrade flexibility. I'm continuing to use the X10.

Comment

The ISY99i has been discontinued for a long time now and the firmware is limited to 3.3.10. So many of the newer Insteon devices are not supported. Like the Alert and Chime Modules. I would not recommend an ISY99i for Insteon use but maybe X10 only.
            The newer ISY994i seems to also be discontinued or just out of stock on the UDI site. Their new eisy will be the next controller.
            You may find the ISY99i and ISY994i on some of the auction sites.
            As some decided to leave Insteon and go to a different protocol. When they closed early this year and before reopening with new management.
            The optional A10/X10 firmware add on makes X10 easier to use. As you can have the X10 modules in the Administrative Console module pages.
            You still need a PLM to do Insteon and X10.
            Last edited by BLH; 12-22-2022, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Well, the isy 994i is retired now as well. Then came Polisy and now UDI has migrated to newer hardware, EISY.

I started with the 99i, then 994i and finally Polisy. Frankly I'm disappointed in the company, Universal Devices Inc. I think they're biting off more than they can chew with trying to expand into Z-Wave, Zig-Bee and Matter. In fact, I'm looking for alternatives for an Insteon controller.

Comment

Working...
              X