X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird link between keypadlinc and LED bulb

Hi all,

My next problem:
    Somehow my LED bulb got linked to the OFF switch of my keypadlinc but not the ON switch. When the LED bulb is on, and I push the OFF switch on the keypadlinc, the LED turns off. But turning the keypadlinc ON does not turn the LED on.

In HouseLinc, the LED bulb is not a controller or responder to the keypadlinc at all.

But when I select the keypadlinc and go to the Advanced tab, there are a ton of devices in the database, including my LED bulb as a responder.

Can I just shift-select all of the items in the database, and right-click Delete to start over? Then set up the appropriate links by drag/dropping to the controllers and responders section in the Links tab?

Select the Links tab. What is the On-level for each the KPL and the bulb?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Stu, I just saw this note. I don't know why I didn't get an email that there was a reply to my post. I'm traveling right now, but I'll be able to check in a few days when I'm home.

Comment

Stu,

There is no link between the KPL and the bulb in the Links tab for the KBP. The bulb is not listed as a controller or a responder. There are no links on the LED bulb's Links tab either.

In the advanced tab, I right clicked the link from the KBL to the bulb, and chose Delete Link, but nothing happened. I also tried to multi-select the many dead links, and right clicked and chose Delete Link, and again nothing. These links all have a status of "D" on the Advanced tab in the links section. What does the "D" mean?

Is there a way to reset and start over?

Comment

Use the procedure described in the Owner's Manual to unlink the KPL from the bulb. BTW, which version of HL are you running?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Stu,

It's HL version 2.10.35.

I'll try to unlink the KPL from the bulb. Thank you

Comment

TFitz, I think HL must have offered me a beta version at one time, and I took it.

What's a better version?

Comment

will do. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X