houselinc with 2245-222 Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

houselinc with 2245-222 Hub

I picked up a starter kit recently and have been working on setting up the system in my spare time. I was going to mess around with Houselinc, but it appears that Houselinc does not work with the 2245-222 hub (or 2014 hub). Is there a way to use software like this, other than the hub app.

So does this new HUB II have any options for conditional logic as there were in HL software?

Teken . . .
    Teken . . .

Comment

The 2245-222 Cat: 0x03, Sub Cat: 0x33 is listed in the Devices.xml file for Houselinc 2.10.25. Though the description is 2245-555. I don't believe the description beng incorrect would cause it not to be found.
      It also shows up in the manually pick the interface choice.

Can't Houselinc find it at all or does it just not work correctly?

Comment

It could find it at all when I had tried.

Comment

Well I ordered one of them as it is on the sales pages alone and not in a kit.
          Then see what I can find out with it and Houselinc.

Comment

Any dice? I have the 2242-222 and it seems to work fine with HouseLinc. My powerlinc USB just recently died and that's why I had to switch to the Hub.
            I just wanted to hook up the 2245-222 but my first problem is already that I have to figure out how to get it installed without creating a new account? The user manual nor the getting started doc specifies what to do if you already have an Insteon account. I was hoping I could re-use my previous setup from the old Hub.

Comment

HouseLinc is not compatible with the 2245-222. The last public version, 2.10.25, is more that a year old. SmartLabs has remained silent on the fate of HouseLinc.
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by roka View Post
                Any dice? I have the 2242-222 and it seems to work fine with HouseLinc. My powerlinc USB just recently died and that's why I had to switch to the Hub.
                I just wanted to hook up the 2245-222 but my first problem is already that I have to figure out how to get it installed without creating a new account? The user manual nor the getting started doc specifies what to do if you already have an Insteon account. I was hoping I could re-use my previous setup from the old Hub.
                I have an outstanding request of support, Monday Dec. 1st, of which they have not responded. I asked about hub replacement procedures when replacing a hub.
                Last edited by JEM2114; 12-07-2014, 09:43 PM. Reason: Clarification-misguided thread

Comment

Originally posted by JEM2114 View Post
                  I have an outstanding request of support, Monday Dec. 1st, of which they have not responded. I asked about hub replacement procedures when replacing a hub.
                  Sorry to hear about the lack of response and customer support for your ticket.
                  Teken . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X