This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue control

How do you control Hue lights with dimmers and keypads ?

You would need an ISY or a similar controller that supports that capability. With the ISY, there are multiple ways to control them. It would all depends on your technical expertise and willingness to put in the work. The hub is not capable of it

Comment

There has to be a way with the hub 2 !

Comment

You were given the how. If there was a way, I would have mentioned it.

Comment

Stringify works with main on and off im looking for more buttons

Comment

Seems api doesnt allow more control

Comment

You spend more time trying to make something work that doesn't rather than getting what does allow you to accomplish what you want it to accomplish. You'd be much happier getting software that allows you to do the things that you want to

Comment

Some luxuriate in flummery, some others find it a congenial read ;)
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

lilyoyo theres lots of undiscovered functionality with the hub2 so dont be so negative ,try to be more helpful .

Comment

Stu your definitely not helping with your derogatory statements.

Comment

No one is being negative. Both Stus and I simply know more about how the system works than you. It's just like buying an iPhone. It's definitely capable of more than it can do but it does exactly what Apple wants. The same goes for the hub. It does what Insteon wants it to do.

You​ Chose to buy the cheapest device available but want it to do what devices that cost twice the amount does and it's not happening.

Instead of every post being about making the hub into what you want it to be, get the right product for your needs! If you do that point you won't have to worry about people commenting about you constantly wanting things that simply won't happen.

Comment

Ok so lets explore the functionality of the hub2 .Stringify works to trigger hue with the keypads on and off thats a start any thoughts on how to make the other buttons trigger hue?
                        Ive got homeseer and could easily do whatever.
                        Im just trying to keep it simple.

Comment

Then use homeseer. It was designed for what you want to do. I already told you that you can't do what your trying to do with the hub.

Comment

Stringify works I said with key pads main buttons;)

Comment

I have created an all lights on and off scene to include Stringify and hue .
                              Last edited by ttantalo; 08-08-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X