Insteon Motion Sensor Activates in Absence of Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Motion Sensor Activates in Absence of Motion

I have an Insteon Motion Detector linked to an Insteon On/Off switch in my laundry roomn. For about two (2) years, I have had no issues with the Motion Detector activating the laundry room light when there is motion detected in the laundry room (I use the Revolv Hub as my central clearing house for my other Insteon devices). This morning, however, the Motion Detector was continually detecting motion and turning on the light, even though there was no movement in the laundry room. I have not messed with any of the settings on the Motion Detector, On/Off switch, nor my Revolv Hub. I have no idea why the Motion Detector is now detecting motion in the obvious absence of such motion, but it is and it continually turns on the laundry room light. Does anyone have any experience with such an issue and, if so, what was the issue/fix to remedy the problem?

I also have a similar problem. All of a sudden, the door open sensor is turning on/off the dimmer switch when the door is opened/closed. Yes. The LED was flashing repeatedly for a minute or so when the door was opened. I have not setup any scene to link these 2 devices. Do you know what has caused this to happen suddenly?

Comment

Well. Battery is not the issue, as I used a brand new in the door sensor, and it still activated the dimmer switch. This is the exact scenario. When I open the door, it triggers the dimmer to be "on", and when I close the door, the sensor will trigger the dimmer to be "off". Once I close the door, the door sensor LED keeps flashing for about 10 to 15 seconds, and then goes back to normal. What puzzles me is that I did not consciously linked these 2 devices. And it was not behaving like this before (just bought it about 2 weeks ago). I deleted the devices (both), and added them back. Still it behaves the same - activates dimmer switch which I don't want to. Can you please help me where I am going wrong with the set up?

Comment

Factory rest the Motion Sensor. If you've added the sensor to a device such as the Hub, delete it first.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Same issue with motion sensor. New battery even and it stills turns on when it wants to and won't come on when you want it to. We have it connected to an Insteon outlet with a lamp plugged in. Even if you wave your hand in front of the sensor, it won't come on. Have deleted from hub, did factory reset, no luck. Now I go through the room in the dark.
          iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
          iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
          iPod
          Android tablet Version 4.0.4
          Hub II: 1F.66.64
          Firmware: 5679
          Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
          PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
          2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
          1 Motion sensor
          3 keypad
          3 outlet
          4 wall switches
          1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

Waving a hand is unlike;y to activate a motion sensor. Actually motions sensors don't detect motion at all. If they did, than turning a page or an insect flying by would activate the sensor, but those motions don't.

Most motion sensors respond to a small change of heat which is detected when a human body or large pet passes.

Sunflower316, how did you link the sensor to the Insteon outlet? Which Insteon outlet?
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
            X