iOS app loses connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS app loses connection

My hub and camera are working fine. When I leave the house my iPhone app still works great, until it loses the connection and I have to login. Then I get an error saying connection failed and ca't get back into the app. I can see my camera fine from my computer. Anyone experiencing this and know how to fix it?

Have you done port forwarding, Settings, About INSTEON App, Remote Access Guide
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

yes, I have done port forwarding, that's how I can connect via my macbook. Where would I access settings if I can't login into the iPhone app?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jwolfers;n27387]yes, I have done port forwarding, that's how I can connect via my macbook.[/QUOTE]
        If you're using the macbook to access the Hub locally, then that's over WiFi. Can you access the Hub using the macbook from off-site, say a mile or two away?

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, I can access everything off site with macbook, iPhone & iPad, but not through the app. Only through my browser. The app on iPhone & iPad work for awhile, but then it loses the connection and wants me to login again, and won't let me, but I can still get in through browsers.

Comment

[QUOTE=TFitzpatri8;n27420]Are you using someone else's hotspot/Internet connection when this happens, or are you using your cell phone company's cellular data connection? Is there a VPN involved?[/QUOTE]
            I am using my mobile connection or my home wifi. the browser connects fine either way, but the app will not connect on either, goes thru each check point until I get "connection failed" on connecting to hub. When I get back to the site where the hub is, and connect to wifi and usually have to reboot the hub, it will connect. Stays connected after I leave for a few days. As long as the app doesn't log me out or lose the connection.

Comment

all the mobile devices are up to date. If I'm on the local wifi I can login, but if I turn off wifi, go on mobile service, I can't log back in. If I leave wifi logged in and go on cell service then the app works fine, until it loses the connection or logs out. Then I can only log back in if I go back to the house/local wifi. Everything seems to be set up correctly. I did try a network reset, didn't help. Also, my hub has a blue light, not red or green. Is that normal?

Comment

I'm saving login info. If it logs out, that when I can't reconnect. Right now I am not on local wifi, iPad connects fine, but iPhone lost connection and can't login back in.

Comment

[QUOTE=TFitzpatri8;n27606]How was the iPad connected to the Internet when this happened? How was the phone connected to the Internet? When you saw this, were both devices still able to browse to other websites using Safari without trouble?[/QUOTE]
                  The iPad was on my regular home wifi, the insteon setup (wifi) is at a different location. Safari worked fine and insteon app. Iphone couldn't login to insteon app from either cellular or off site wifi. App Works fine on the same wifi that insteon hub is on. Safari on iPhone worked fine and could login to camera either on off site wifi or cellular (safari only) but not through app. If the iPad logs out then I will not be able to log back in until I get back to wifi that insteon hub is on.

Comment

Working...
                  X