My lamps are blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lamps are blinking

Hi, I just installed 9 Dimmer 2477D in my room to control 3 lamps from different site of the room, (one front door for the room and the other two beside the bed)... Everything is working fine, but when i turn on one of the aire aconditioner (samsung split) in my house (at the studio), the lights starts to blink (the principal lamps and the spot)... When I turn on all the others a/c at the house and nothing happens. i Followed all instruction from the manual, how to connect a 4 way switch

I check all the neutral cable and everything is fine, then i check the panel to be sure that the neutral cable was OK.... I still dont know what is the problem, all the lamps have philips bulb dimmer and all the spot have leds.

Thanks

Luis Yau

1. Is the A/C 110/120V or 220/240V?
    2. What do you nean by "4 way switch?" A 4-way standard switch is used in conjunction with two othe 3-way standard switches.
    3. Are the "lamps" wired fixtures or plug-in lamps?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hi!!!!
      1) The A/C is a 220/240V
      2) I mean a circuit with 3 switches... I used 3 insteon dimmer (2477D) on each box (Line box, traveler box and load box)
      3) the 3 lamps are wired fixtures.

There are:
      2 main lamps with 8 philips bulb each lamps, that i control with a dimmer (2477D)
      1 line of 21 spotlight with a led bulb, that i control with a dimmer (2477D)
      1 line of 21 spotlight with a led bulb, that i control with a dimmer (2477D)

i installed 3 switches for each circuit, so i could control them from any point on the bedroom.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

It seems that the A/C needs to be filtered, but I'm not aware of any 220/240V filters. Possibly, you can build one using two [url="http://www.smarthome.com/4846/ACT-AF300-20-Amp-Low-Pass-Filter/p.aspx"]AF300 Filters[/url] and a suitable enclosure mounted near the electric panel.

A second choice is to use an X10 XPNR or Leviton 6289 noise reducer on the load side of the primary dimmer.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks, let me try that .... I ordered this filter
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Did you order one or two AF300s?
            You need two of them. One for each Line {L1 and L2} in your 220 volt feed. As Stu indicated.

Comment

Just one, let me order one more.. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X