Links being made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links being made

Why are the hubs beeping ? Seems like links are being made with out our knowledge.
    Ive had to delete lots of lincs just appearing, so it seems out of nowhere.
    Please tell me no body at your company is playing with its users.

[QUOTE=TFitzpatri8;n102810]If you review the firmware release notes, you’ll see the beeping started when they started making changes to speed up the app. That appears to have been successful—I get each full page of device statuses multiple seconds faster now than I did before they made the change.

This speed-up coincides with the firmware release where they announced that they were going to start using the Smarthops feature for direct messages. That makes sense. Smarthops customize the message maximum hop count for each device so that messages don’t repeat unnecessarily. (Think of it like this: devices that are close to your Hub and have good enough signal conditions that they ordinarily receive messages on the first try or first repeat, without being repeated 3 times by the mesh network, can acknowledge signals quicker if unnecessary message repeats aren’t still bouncing around your network.)

The downside is, any time the Hub determines that a hop count needs to be adjusted, it appears it has to rewrite the link to that device. That seems to be what it is doing, re-linking so it can optimize the hop count. I don’t see anything suspicious in that.[/QUOTE]

I can understand your point. I'm just going to have to live with it or get rid of the hub.

Comment

Wont this have a negative affect on Mark's homeseer insteon plugin?

Comment

Anytime you use multiple controllers you are at risk of one having an adverse effect on the other. With that said, as Tfitzpatri8 pointed out, reduced hops means less communication is needed which means a more efficient system.

Comment

Im just using hub2 as a plm now, so no worries.

Comment

Working...
          X