Accessing my devices via 3G/4G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing my devices via 3G/4G

I have a number of devices on my network including several responders. I can operate my responders via my iPhone app as long as the phone is on the same WiFi as the Hub is connected to. I also believe that my iPhone app is communicating directly with the responders via WiFi and the Hubs presence is not required for this function. What I really want to do is operate my responders from my iPhone app over 3G/4G .. I guess this means the Hub has to be involved .. but how do I do this pls...

Which specific Hub?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

My hub is the Australian version: IN2242-522

Comment

Have you followed the remote access guide instructions? Settings > About
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I wasn't aware of this .. I will try tonight .. thanks

Comment

I can access the settings -> about page but the links to setup appear to be 'frozen'. Can I access the remote access setup instruction from elsewhere pls?

Comment

At which step can't you go any further? I fount that I need to tap more than once. There's also phone support at the bottom.

Comment

At the point where I have the three options with arrows to the right. The three options are:

Show Me the Setup Process >
                Explain Port Forwarding >
                Call INSTEON Support >Port Forwarding’

​I can tap on these as many times as I like but they wont go any further. The phone number is (I believe) for US support .. I am in Australia .. is their an Australian Support pls?

Comment

At the point where I have the three options with arrows to the right. The three options are:

Show Me the Setup Process >
                  Explain Port Forwarding >
                  Call INSTEON Support >Port Forwarding’

​I can tap on these as many times as I like but they wont go any further. The phone number is (I believe) for US support .. I am in Australia .. is their an Australian Support pls?

Comment

http://portforward.com/

Comment

Yes .. thanx .. I discovered this last night and I now have remote access... made it. Thanx for help.

Comment

Working...
                      X